Friday 12 February 2010

(Pre-Production) Concealing The Killer

In my opening sequence, I had the idea of the killer threatening the protagonist. When trying to think of ways to conceal the killers identity I recalled a scene I had watched from the thriller film Zodiac (David Fincher, 2007);




My previous idea was to conceal the killers identity through clever motivated cuts. However, the problem with this would be that certain features such as hair, skin tone etc would be revealed and may become too easy to work out that the police officer is the killer. However, this scene in Zodiac, covers the killers identity perfectly, with the only give away being his accent, with in my production, the killer will change when wanting to conceal his identity.

Upon this, I decided to research into what possible techniques I would use to create the same effect;

Firstly, I researched on Ebay;


Balaclava purchased for killer.




This cheap balaclava would be perfect for concealing the majority of the killers face. In order to cover the eyes, I will use Ski Googles that I already own. Below is a picture of myself trying on the equipment.


What the masked killer will look like.

(Click to enlarge)

As you can see the materials cover my face perfectly aand therefore will be perfect for my production.

No comments:

Post a Comment