Sunday 24 January 2010

(Pre-Production) The Gardener

The first example of previous work that we were given was 'The Gardener'. My previous conception of a thriller was slow music, slow moving characters and sudden scary moments that catch you off guard. Yet, these piece was extremely unconventional; the music was extreme asynchronous. The music was upbeat and lively which was in complete contrast to the footage of a scared girl running through the forest being chased by a man with a pitchfork. However, i found this extremely effective and for me worked very well as it took a more sadistic, physiological approach to what a thriller was. Although I will probably not be using the same technique in my thriller, the piece has encouraged me to be creative and imaginative as it can still work (this is apparent due to its 58/60 on the previous mark scheme).

No comments:

Post a Comment